Building and preserving your personal wealth requires specialized attention. We give you one-on-one guidance and a comprehensive financial plan that helps manage risk, improve investment performance, and ensure the growth and longevity of your wealth.
We can help you…
• Save enough for a comfortable retirement by identifying your retirement needs, analyzing your assets and sources of retirement income, reviewing estimated shortfalls, and identifying the best ways to save for retirement given your financial situation and risk tolerance.
• Pay for your child’s college education by accurately estimating the amount of money you’ll need, analyzing your assets, reviewing estimated shortfalls and considering general alternatives and strategies to help address these potential shortfalls, and developing an optimal savings plan given your financial situation and risk tolerance.
• Protect your family in case of you become disabled by ensuring you have enough money in your emergency fund and analyzing your life, disability, health, home, and auto insurance coverage. We also review your will and various powers of attorney designed to take care of your affairs in the event you are incapacitated and can’t manage them yourself.
• Achieve your investment goals by identifying the steps needed to maximize your investment returns as well as the steps needed to help minimize your risk while building increased predictability of your investment returns.
• Leave a legacy for your heirs by maximizing the value of your estate by saving tax dollars, professional fees, and court costs. As well as minimizing the costs of probate, creditors, lawyers, and estate taxes, which can negatively impact the value of your estate. We also help you stay in control of your affairs by providing a road map for passing your estate on to your heirs.
A financial plan’s true value comes with its implementation. We not only can help you develop your plan but we can work with you to be sure that it is implemented properly and then follow the progress of the plan to be sure that it stays on track and identify if any adjustments need to be made as time progresses.
Estate planning is something that too many of us keep putting off. It seems as if there will always be time to get around to it. However, waiting can have adverse affects on both your finances and the people you care about, causing you to lose a substantial portion of your estate to taxes. If you get the right planning now, you can help soften the blow of estate taxes later. Estate planning is one of the specialties of Laydon & Company. We strive to address the following as part of our goal to help you preserve your hard earned assets as possible.
• Provide financial security for loved ones
• Prevent your assets from being transferred to unintended beneficiaries
• Protect your assets, should you become incapable of communicating your intentions
• Reduce estate taxes
• Transfer ownership of a business (or other assets) to loved ones, partners or employees with a minimum amount of transfer tax.
• Provide liquidity and ongoing cash flow for those responsible for administering the estate.
• Minimize current and future taxes and income tax.
• Provide for a favorite charity.
• Fund educational expenses for children or grandchildren.
• Provide an adequate safety net for lifetime contingencies such as disability or death of a spouse.
• Avoid probate and other administrative costs.
• Avoid legal hassles or disputes with third parties, including tax authorities.
• Maintain flexibility in the overall estate plan to be able to adapt to changing circumstances.
• Maintain control over or ensure competent management of assets.
• Minimize exposure to liabilities that could consume one’s assets.
• Ensure that assets ultimately pass to intended parties.
• Avoid disputes among family members or business owners.
• Avoid complexity in the estate plan and in the specific techniques used to implement the plan.